Course Type: Engineering
Course Length: 10- 15 Hours
Age Group: 8- 13
Ready to be the Mayor of your city? Your city is running out of coal and you have to seek out alternate resources. Can you take on the challenge of saving your city from darkness? If you got what it takes, come save the Engineeius city! Children will be learning about the different types of energy sources: renewable and nonrenewable. They will discover the alternative power resources, how to use the power of wind, sun and water in generating electricity and know the different factors that affect the use of each power.
- Understand how electricity is generated
- Understand how fossil fuels are formed
- Know the effect of electricity on human activities
- Figure out why there is a need to search for alternative power sources
- Understand how solar power is used to generate electricity
- Understand the factors affecting the generation of electricity from the sun
- Learn basic circuit connections (parallel and series) to light more than one building with the same power
- Understand how wind power is used to generate electricity
- Understand the factors affecting the generation pf electricity from water
- Understand the concept of Urban planning, touching upon Civil Engineering.
- Learn to work under a budget and provide the best option with the lowest cost